4 more weeks!

Where has this year gone? It’s hard to believe we are already down to the last 4 weeks of the year!

My last post I talked about partnering again with Kontaktmission for three years in their Mission Academy program. I will be trained then mentored in an intercultural church plant. The first year I will complete training in Germany then in May will fly to Asuncion Paraguay to begin the internship phase.

A few weeks ago I was able to join the KM staff and some fellow missionaries at the International Conference on Missions in Lexington KY. It was a great time of just being able to focus on the year to come and also share with others interested in missions what God is doing in Europe and the great need there. 



Today was my last day at Kids First Daycare, where I have been a teacher for almost 8 years. Most of the kids in my classroom I have known since they started in the baby room, and I have been able to watch them grow and figure things out and help prepare them for school. It has truly been an honor to know and love on these littles, and to see how they each come into their own personalities.
One of the little girls in my class ran up to me this morning as her Dad was dropping her off. She gives me a great big hug and proudly says “I gave you all the money I have for your trip!” as she hands me a bag of change and a card. She gives me three more hugs then runs off to the preschool class that’s about to start, I’m left with tears rolling down my cheeks holding one of the most precious gifts I’ve ever been given.

I have just over a month before I fly back to Germany to begin this next crazy adventure. God continues to teach me about his faithfulness, and how he takes care of his children.
One struggle I’ve been having is trusting him to provide my financial needs for this Journey. (which is kinda crazy when I take into account how He worked last year) I’ve always been one that wants to work for what I have, and not need to rely on anyone else to help. It’s been quite difficult trying to relinquish that control issue, to trust that God has this, and to walk in the assurance that if God has called me to this that the money is already there- I just have to find it.

I am so very thankful that our Father is patient with me while I learn this same thing over and over again. I am so grateful that He continues to bless me and blow me away with the way He uses people to fulfill his plans.

My home church First Christian Church, has been extremely supportive of this calling. This past summer during our annual VBS, the kids raised well over their goal to help me get to Germany and to begin this faith led journey.

Then for the month of November Halo Salon chose me to be their very 1st mission, donating a portion of their sales and services for the entire month to go towards my ministry. Sending me away with $500 towards furthering the Kingdom!

At Halo’s ribbon cutting I ran into one of my former grade school teachers, who now owns Repurpose Boutique (a super cute clothing store). She offered for me to have a Giveback Party at her store, so anyone who goes in to shop Tuesday Dec 6th after hours (6-8pm) 20% of sales will go directly towards my trip!

Then there are the individuals and families that have come and stood alongside me willing to send me out as an ambassador for Christ cross culturally. (2 Corinthians 5:20)
There is still a long way to go before I’m fully supported and as I said before not a ton of time (33 days to be exact) But I know that God is faithful and I’m learning more each day to loosen my grip on this “sense” of control (and need for it) I think I have and to walk in the Freedom Christ has given us all.

Three years is a long time, but I’m reminded of an older worship song.
“Better is one day in your courts, than thousands elsewhere”

If you would like to join my support team financially and/ or in prayer please contact me here or email me at tashaburns508@yahoo.com



Please Pray
-          That I continue to follow wherever God is leading, despite my fears
-          Final few weeks with my family and for their hearts as I plan to leave them once again
-          My continued support raising
-          For the training period in Germany
o   For the students and the teachers

-          For the people I’ll be working with in Paraguay 

Comments

Popular Posts