One Month in Dresden



It’s hard to believe that I have already been in Dresden over a month! I have absolutely loved working with Ryan and Elyse at Café Story and getting to know some of the regulars that come in each week.



Each Friday the café fills up for the International Family Café. People from all over the world bring their young children and come together for fellowship and great coffee. I’ve had the opportunity to speak with women from Hong Kong, Ireland, Australia, Germany, and many other places. One thing I have really loved about Café Story is that people from all over are welcomed and it’s a laid back atmosphere where you can really talk and get to know each other. (Thankfully International Family Café is in English)



The month of May I was able to be a part of their monthly “open mic night” where artists from the area are able to come in and perform their music in a very chill environment. That night I was able to talk with several people about their stories and just enjoy getting to know them a little better. These nights will be taking a break for June and July (do to people being so busy and the fact during the summer months people want to spend more time outdoors then indoors) but this night was definitely one of my favorite nights since being in Dresden.




I had a friend from the States come and visit me this past month. Within the past five years of working with KM this has been my first visitor and I am so glad she came. Nicole was able to help out at the café some and join in on the International family café.




With Nicole here that also opened up some reasons to go out and explore a little. I had a blast showing her around my new city and taking her to some of the yummiest places to eat at. Before she flew home we both went up to Berlin to spend our last few days together. This was my first time actually being in Berlin, and I am so glad to get that chance (even though their public transit system is crazy and confusing.)



Although my placement here in Dresden has been wonderful and I am very grateful for this year’s internship, I have made the decision to return back to the States early and not continue my work with KM for the time being. There have been many factors leading up to this decision and much prayer and many tear-filled nights but I am confident that this is the right call.


That being said I will be flying back to the States June 21st so that leaves me with just 3 weeks left in Germany! I am not entirely sure what the future holds for me, especially considering the past five years have been sculpted around international missions with me changing locations every three months or less, but I am reminded that I don’t need to know the future I just need to remain faithful to God’s leading.



Please be praying
  •          For my remaining time here in Germany. Be praying for the connections I have made to be strengthened and that I can be an encouragement and help to the Dillions and their ministry here.
  •          For the café- they have been trying to figure out new ways to get more people into the café and one idea they have is to get a soft serve Ice-cream machine. (the café used to be an ice-cream shop so a lot of people come in search of ice-cream) With the weather getting hot here and with the lack of ac anywhere, having the cool treat will be a great way to get people in and for connections to continue to be made.
  •          Be praying for me and for the transition period coming up. There has been a lot going on in my head with these huge changes happening. Pray that I stay grounded in God and that he remains at the center of all of these changes and my life.


I want to thank you all for going with me on this journey and for faithfully supporting me through prayer, kind words, and financially. The past five years have been intense, life-altering, amazing and I am so very grateful for all of you who played such a vital role in this ministry.



Comments

Popular Posts