Prepping for Change


As I was making plans and looking at my schedule I knew that March was going to be an insanely busy month for me and it did not disappoint.



My last blog I spoke about my time in Spain and what a blessing being with the Iglesias’ was. The next three weeks were just as full. I met three of my fellow Mission academy students in Frankfurt (since we had a week break before the conference) and were able to spend some quality time together hiking and exploring.





Immediately after our trip we started the busy week of the KM Team Conference. This week is always very busy, loud, and full but I love getting to see and visit with many missionaries I had worked with in 2015 and getting to hear how they are doing and about their ministries.









After the conference I made my yearly journey back to Duisburg where I spent Easter with Duisburg FEG Beeck. I really love how Duisburg has always been my constant in the midst of my crazy moving around. This has been my third Easter outside of the States and this was my third Easter in Beeck. The Saturday before Easter a group of my Duisburg friends and I were able to travel into Brussels to fulfill my dream of three years of eating a Belgium waffle in the streets of Belgium. It was well worth the two hour drive with these ladies.





We are currently in our last week of mission academy classes, it’s really hard to believe that my time here in Wuestenrot is coming to an end. Our last weekend as a group, some of the MA’ers went out on a little road trip to visit Lake Constance and to see the famous NeuSchwanstein Castle. This castle looks like it came straight out of a Disney movie. It’s set in the midst of beautiful mountains and it’s about a 30 minute walk up a steep rugged hill from the car park, the views are well worth it.  We didn’t get to go inside since we it was later in the day when we arrived but the outside in my opinion is the best part of visiting a castle.

Friday we all will be going our separate ways. The Dimontes will return to the Stuttgart area to work in a local church as they continue to prepare for their move to India. Lance will be getting in his RV to continue his year with the “Move In” program, where they encourage Christians to move into lower income areas and be a part of the community there and bringing the power of prayer into these areas. Inessa will return to her home in Hessen for two weeks then she will travel to Uruguay. The Badgers will stay in the Wuestenrot area until the 17th then they will return to the States where they will be working with the KM office and local church in the West Tennessee area. I on the other hand have about a week and a half before I can make my trip to Dresden. I’m not 100% sure yet where I will be during that week but those are details I will be figuring out in the next few days. I want to ask that you be praying for this group of people and for what God has instore for them during this year. This life is not easy but knowing you have people lifting you up in prayer makes a huge difference.

I am really looking forward to my time in Dresden and working with the Dillion's in their Café. Please be in prayer over this time and over the relationships I will be making within this time. A lot of changes are coming but I am looking forward to what God has in store for me and for the ministry he has called me to. I will post more about these changes in upcoming blogs but till then keep praying and thank you again for joining me on this journey.






Comments

  1. Love you and praying for you. Hopefully, we can talk soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts