Reconnecting

I am down to just 10 days till I leave for Paraguay! (How did that happen?!) The remainder of my time here in Duisburg will be spent finishing up some “pre-work” on assignments I must do while in Paraguay and also working with a few of the groups I was a part of 2 years ago here in Duisburg. Wednesday will be my last youth night with the group, it’s been fun being a part of that again and just seeing how the youth has grown in the past two years. Then Sunday the 30th is my last church service with FEG Beeck.
Damaris and Silvia two ministers working here in Duisburg 

This Sunday after church one of the youth girls will be hosting a Nail night at the church. She has a whole group of her friends on Whatsapp that get together and talk just about nails (I think, I’m a part of the group… but it’s all in German so I have no idea other than the pictures they send) but with Silvia’s help she is hosting her first get together in the youth room. It’s really cool seeing her take ownership of the night and organizing things and this could have potential to grow and get some of her friends interested in the youth group at the church.

Last week I was able to travel back to the Wuestenrot area for the annual Kontaktmission Conference and staff retreat. I was able to meet some of the missionaries I served with in 2015 and catch up on what is happening in some of their ministries.
Kenny, Heather and Faith working in Albania 

It was a great time to just be together, and talk about some of the serious issues we are facing in our ministries. Also for me, to evaluate my expectations when it comes to working with a missions organization and ministry. And decided which expectations I had that were unrealistic and which ones are important and worth sticking with.
Next year I will have the opportunity to work with Annegret and her family 

The Barboza family was also there and they even had a new family member! (You miss a lot in 2 years) This family will always be dear to me, since they were the ones who took me from Wuestenrot to Duisburg after the first conference 2 years ago. (If any of you remember the sad unwanted puppy experience I had at the first conference –spoiler- I was the unwanted puppy) But this family graciously took me in, let me ride with them and gave me my first Mate experience (a very strong herby South American tea- common in the more southern countries) oh and Omar is from Paraguay! (Isn’t it funny/ awesome how God works!)


Barboza Family 

It was so great catching up with them and seeing where they are in their ministry. Omar and Evelyn are missionaries working with Turkish people in Dortmund Germany (about an hour from where I am staying in Duisburg). They gave me a few pointers on things I should see/ try in Paraguay while I am there.

God never ceases to amaze me with the way he connects people who honestly have no reason to be connected together. But by his mercy and grace we are and the end result is so beautiful...
 
Mission Academy year one... we didn't die ;)
Please be praying for:
  • The Nail Party this Sunday- just pray all over it… there is something at work here
  • The Barboza’s- for their ministry here in Dortmund working with the Turkish people
  • Ryan and Elyse Dillion- missionaries that hosted me in Dresden Germany in 2015. They have had some movement with their hopes to start a cafĂ© ministry in Dresden. Pray that the needed paperwork and official stuff come through and that they have patients and peace during the long waiting game.
  • Kenny and Heather Haggard- Missionaries that I worked with in Korce Albania. The church in Mborje is doing some amazing things just last week they did an Easter play outreach in a surrounding village and in theirs. I had mentioned before they have purchased a new church building that needed a lot of work remodeling of the church has slowed down due to finical needs. Be praying for this ministry and for Kenny and Heather as they continue to be faithful.
  • The Gainers- from Kremenchuk Ukraine. God has definitely been moving in their church plant compass and listening to all of the stories Jon told brought me to tears. After years of faithfulness they are seeing fruit. Pray for this ministry and the momentum they have.
  • Rajat and Annegret- Missionaries in India who I am talking with about doing next year’s practicum with. Be praying for their ministry
  • My fellow mission academy students- Inessa flies to Albania May 3rd to begin her practicum, Michael and Kayla who are currently in Ireland, Sarah who is currently in Greece, and Babel who is in Germany
  • My travel to Paraguay- I fly out on the evening of May 1st and I believe all together it’s about a 19 hour journey but by the end I’ll only be one hour ahead of my Missouri peeps instead of 7 (it’s the small things)
  • My time in Paraguay – Language learning first, then I learned that for two months I will be teaching English to missionaries in another part of the country. Be praying over that, speaking English and teaching English are two very different things but I’m excited for the challenge.


Thank you for being with me on this journey and faithfully praying on my behalf.

Comments

Popular Posts