Wrapping up

I have just finished the training period here in Wuestenrot Germany. The last 11 weeks have been challenging and (at times) rough, but overall wonderful and definitely worth it.

Today has been sort of bittersweet as all of the mission academy students prepare to head out.

 Some straight into their practical period, others heading home for a bit before going into their practical country or where they are going to start their ministry.

 I will be heading to Duisburg on Sunday afternoon, where I will be visiting friends I worked with in 2015. There I will be finishing studies, working on Spanish, and preparing for my time in Paraguay.

Last night, the group was able to attend a Passover Seder hosted by Christina our MA translator. This turned out to be one of the most cherished experiences from my time here in Wuestenrot.
The Seder involves the retelling the story of how the Israelites came out of Egypt, commanded to the Jews in Exodus 13:8. It is a night of celebration of freedom.

Last night we were able to experience the story, share the four cups that represented the promises of deliverance from God and see how each cup is fulfilled through Christ.


We started the night with parsley, dipping it into salt water (representing the tears of the Israelites) reminding us how the Israelites had to cover their doorways with blood the night of the Passover.
We also partook in the bitter herbs (horseradish) symbolizing the bitterness and harshness of slavery. The charoset (applesauce) which representing the mortar the Jewish slaves used to make bricks. Then sandwiched them between two pieces of matzot (flatbread)
The first cup, is the cup of sanctification The Lord’s promise “I will bring you out from under the burden of the Egyptians”. We see Jesus speak to this promise in John 17:19 “and for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.”
The second cup, is the cup of plagues. The Lord’s promise “I will rescue you from their bondage” We then went through the ten plagues, each plague making a dot on our napkin. Jesus speaks to this promise by saying “You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free” John 8:32

After the cup of deliverance we have the Passover dinner

The third cup, is the cup of redemption. The Lord’s promise “I will redeem you with an outstretched arm.” This is where Jesus announced the New Covenant for the forgiveness of sins (Luke 22:20, Matthew 26:27-28) We then take the third cup as communion.
The final cup is the cup of fulfillment. The Lord’s promise “I will take you as my people” Christina led us through a beautiful Jewish wedding tradition. Illustrating how Jesus came and has made us his bride and through him we are redeemed. This final cup we do not drink entirely symbolizing that Christ will come again to collect his bride.

This entire evening was full of songs of praise, prayers, and joy at the fact that we have been redeemed and that the promises have been fulfilled.  We were left with the reminder that our bridegroom has went to prepare a place for us, and that place has many rooms (John 14:2-3) Our job is to go out and to share this joy and freedom with everyone. And to be ready for his return where we can continue the wedding celebrations.

I am thankful for my time here in Wuestenrot and for all of the friendships and relationships I’ve made. I know that this next month and a half is going to fly by and I am eagerly awaiting May 1st when I will be flying to Paraguay where I will finish out this first year! Thank you for continuing to pray for me and this ministry.


Please be praying for:
  • Michael and Kayla - They will be flying to Moycullen Ireland on Wednesday. Over the next 6 months they will be working with the KM church planting team in Moycullen.
  • Inessa- Who will be heading to Korce Albania the beginning of May. She will be working with the same team that I was a part of in 2015, and I am very excited for both Inessa and for the people she is going to be working with.
  • Sarah- Graduated from the mission academy program this April and she will be heading to Thessalonica the beginning of May. She will working with a local church and hoping to start a music ministry in her church.
  • Barbel- pray for her time as she stays close to the Wuestenrot area.
  • Pray for my time in Duisburg. For the friendships I have there and for the ministry. Pray that it is a time that God uses and for my times of study and language learning.
  • Pray for Paraguay. That God continues to prepare my heart and the hearts of those I will encounter! 

Comments

Popular Posts