Latvian Beauty

Man it has been quite an adventure since last time I made a post. I made it back to Wuestenrot Germany for the Crash weekend with all of the Konaktmission summer tripsters and interns, then flew out to Latvia on June 1st. I was able to work in Latvia for 18 days on a beautiful Christian church camp before flying into Ukraine where I'm currently in Kremenchuk and will be here for the rest of the summer.

The Crash weekend was a great time to recharge and focus on what this year is all about and also a great time to meet people who are stepping out in faith following God's call on their lives. Young adults from all over America and young adults from all over Germany came together and spent 3 days listening to great speakers help prepare us for what to expect, and remind us that the reason behind these trips are to be serve and that it's not about us and what we experience but about God and what he is doing in the lives of the people we are going to serve. One of the speakers gave a sermon over the popular phrase "YOLO"  (you only live once) and his main point is that you only get one life, we shouldn't be thinking about the fleeting things in life but instead we should be asking ourselves what are we going to do with this life? what is the most important thing we can be doing with this life, because in the end there is only one thing we can take with us when we die, and that's other people. And that's what this year is all about for me, sharing life with different people in the hope that I will spend eternity with them in heaven.

One of the other reasons this weekend was so great, is I got to share it with a team. I enjoyed being with a group of people who were in the same place as me, not 100% sure what to expect when we move on to our countries, excited, scared, walking by faith... it's awesome! This weekend we also spent time praying together and over each of our trips coming up this summer, just a great time to be together.

My time in Latvia went by so fast, my shortest stay thus far in my trip but we were busy the entire time and made some really great relationships. I traveled to Latvia with Ryan from Tennessee  and a week later Kelsey from Pennsylvania joined us. The first few weeks were spent getting the camp ready for the start of the summer season and all of the kids to come. My last week was spent helping in the kitchen cooking for 165 people which meant for long days but great fellowship with the other summer internships.


 Latvia is probably one of the most beautiful countries I have ever been in.


The camp had trails that led into the woods that had a river running through it. 






some of the awesome ladies that Kelsey and I got to work with in the kitchen


the other summer interns, that helped teach Kelsey and me Russian. Every meal we had together the girls would teach us new words and quiz us over the previous words we learned :) 

one of my favorite things to do in Latvia was, after work to walk into the woods and just read a few psalms aloud. The one I turned to most days was Psalm 57:7-11
"My heart is steadfast, O God,
my heart is steadfast!
I will sing and make a melody!
Awake, my glory!
Awake, O harp and lyre!
I will awake the dawn!
I will give thanks to you, O Lord, 
among the peoples;
I will sing praises to you among the nations.
For your steadfast love is great to the heavens, 
your faithfulness to the clouds.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! 
Let your glory be over all the earth!"


Please be praying for:
- The Staff at Gancaskas- this is their busy season and there is not a lot of personal time. Be praying for their physical and spiritual health as they put in the hours making sure this camp runs smoothly. 
- The kids and churches that use Gancaskas- for some of these kids this is their first encounter with Jesus, pray that while these kids are here they can experience and grow in the love of Christ
-Pray for Kelsey and I as we begin our service in Ukraine, We have a busy week/ few months ahead of us. Pray that we see the opportunities God puts in front of us, and that we trust in His provision.
-Pray for The Gainers (who are the KMUSA missionaries here-I'll talk more about them later) They are busy preparing for English camps, and continuing their ministries here in Kremenchuk.

As always I am so grateful for all of you back home and from the many places I have visited. Your prayers and encouragements are heard and greatly appreciated! 


Oh and I can't forget to tell you about these guys...





I rode my first horse! It was scary, and awesome and then scary again :) 



I was pretty sure they all wanted to eat me



Comments

Popular Posts